Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Year of the Doodle Finale



This book by Dawn deVries Sokul may just be the best $12.00 I've ever spent.    I met my goal - do something for every day - doodle,  collage, lettering .   Is every one a masterpiece?   Hardly.   Some were so bad I had to totally cover the mess and start over, others rated only a "meh", and a few that turned out better than expected.  I stretched my doodling skills, and realized I need lots more work on lettering.

The binding on this book is nothing short of amazing:


My Year of the Doodle is on the right and started out the same size as Art Doodle Love.  I have collaged, painted, added button edges and generally stressed the binding which is still holding together despite unspeakable odds.


This  over-stuffed book makes me happy whenever I look at its wavy pages, tabs, threads and buttons.


A few last pages to share:



This is an amazing mandala stamp.  The stamp has straight edges, so I continued the design to soften the edges.


I was surprised how many ruler tapes and stickers I found in my stash ! The bird and most of the background on the right is a napkin.


I love using old envelopes.


I've been decluttering my stamp stash and found this cute house stamp I'd forgotten I had.



This was fun - I used a little green tomato to stamp these apples.



December was easy  - used up lots of Christmas bits and pieces from my stash.   I drew the tree with different color Distress Stickles.


The festive birds were salvaged from a card stamped by my friend, Shiela.


Background is from Doodle in French by Anna Corbin - drew on the dress form and added fabric stickers and some rub-ons.  Audrey is the crowning touch!

I'll miss my daily challenge , but luckily I have a brandie-new, pristine Art Doodle Love to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS