Friday, May 19, 2017

Mixed Media Art - Urban Flair

Things have taken a decidedly complicated turn here:


Surgery on my foot with limited mobility means I have to get creative to be creative.  My craft supplies are upstairs, and climbing them is a bit tricky, so I'm limited to what I can carry on my one trip per day!  Of course The Captain is willing to get things for me, but don't want or need to haul too much downstairs.



I saw this video from one of my Facebook groups - Mixed Media Morsels by Cat Hand called Urban Flair.  It's a perfect couch project - cutting up magazine pages, then gluing them down.

I decided to use the magazines I had in front of me - Flow and Stampington- not too shabby!   I looked for pages with pink, green, and a bit of blue, so my take is less urban, more shabby chic.  Here are my pages:


And here they are, cut into strips.  I cut them 1/2 wide, but it would also work wider, narrower and even varied widths.


I used a firm card stock from a Flow magazine as a base, then glued down strips using a glue stick.


Once all the strips were glued down, I added a few images cut out of my magazines.



Then I swiped on some acrylic paints - using these Dina Wakley paints and an old store card.


(A blurry view of paint-swiping).


Here is the finished page, but I thought it needed something else - splatters and a squiggly border, of course !




This was a fun, easy journal page.  Thanks for the inspiration, Cat Hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS