Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Calendar Page Meets 2010 Resoultion




I've been making decorated calendars for a few years, but this year's are a bit late - probably because I bragged about having my Christmas cards finished in October! My revised goal for the calendars is to get them mailed before the end of January. To make up for the short-fall for 2010, I did decorate the January 2011 page !

This page is one of my favorites. I started with some artist paper for the background, then used chalk ink to do the faux torn paper technique demonstrated on this site. I didn't do the over stamping because I carefully positioned the paper so the printed text was heavier on the bottom, eliminating the need to additional stamping.

The stamp is one of Tim Holtz's fantastic Ideology line. I love the vintage, shabby chic look of his stamps. I stamped it on white card stock, trimmed it closely and then mounted on more white card stock, then a piece of blue.
Then I added a bit of ribbon and some "paper reinforcements" made of mica.
I printed the quote in old typewriter style font that matched the vintage feel of the image. (I love fonts , but that's another post entirely).

In thinking about the quote, I realized that it is the major heading for all my 2010 resolutions . Whether it's personal, professional, artistic , think being the best you can is what sums up my list of resolutions. It still helps to have the details of how that might happen, so guess I won't throw away my list of specifics! I need direction and baby-steps in this goal to be the best version of myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS