Thursday, March 11, 2010

A New Studio Space

When we moved into our current house, I took over a small (emphasis on small) upstairs expanded closet space. It was the first time I'd ever had a room of my own, and I fell in love with it. It feels like a secret place, very cozy and it's all mine. There is a sky-light and in the summer I can hear the birds singing while working. However, it is very small, and my storage space is so limited. I've added significantly to my stash of supplies since moving into my little room, and every available spot is overflowing with stuff. Despite my intentions to use up the stuff I have before buying more, stamps, inks, papers and other assorted doo-dads send out "You need this" messages to me. Stamps and pads are in the drawers, and the rest is in bookcases and plastic bins. Lately, more and more is in piles on the floor, making navigation in this tiny space a challenge. Clearly, in order to contain all this stuff and still have room to move, I need more space!
This room never looks this clean - I took these after a major clearing out so I could show one of my daughters that it was possible to clean up my mess! You can see how the slanting roof limits storage space. I do have a low stack of drawers jammed in under there - more on that later. I imagine I'm the only person on earth with white carpeting in a craft room!
So, when our youngest son left home (boo-hoo!), I decided to move out of my little spot. I'm moving into a small bedroom with three windows! I've been painting, wallpapering, tearing up more white carpeting and sorting through all my stuff. Stay tuned for a progress update.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS