Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tags are Finished !

I did it ! This year I made all 12 Tim tags - well, tags based on Tim's fantastic talent and unlimited supplies . Mine were a challenge - create the look with stuff I already have. It's amazing what you can come up with if you're willing to lay awake at night thinking about it!

The tag on the left (really number 11) was to feature custom made rubber stamps using one of the TH dies. I used a Crescendoh stamp, clear embossed onto a dictionary page, then rubbed with Distress ink. The original tag featured yet another die cut, but I just stamped out a tree, painted a bit with Pearl-Ex and added some white ink snow.

Tag 10 on the right featured embossed plastic packaging. I couldn't figure out how to replicate that look, so I eliminated that step. I love my snow man! He's an old foam stamp with the sections all separate - perfect for this tag. I love how well grunge paper distresses - the edges on his hat sanded off so nicely. I'll be using the technique of edging the tag with a white paint dauber before covering with Distress Ink in future projects for sure. In one tag I added chalk to deepen the background color - warning - the chalk doesn't resist the ink!Tag 9 on the left showcased a beautiful rosette made with - you guessed it - a TH die. I didn't think I could hand accordion- fold a small strip of paper, so just gave up and made a flower out of some paint-splattered paper, rubber with Vintage Photo ink. I used an old hand-crimper to give the edges some texture.

On the right, Tag 12. An old Christmas card, edges daubed with white acrylic paint, was pressed into service for the background. I cut the ornament out of grunge paper and stuck on the gold letters. I did use crackle paint over the inked ornament, but not much crackling happened.

Now I need to dig out from under all the stuff spread around in my studio. I cleared a path, so at least I can walk around without stepping on something or tripping - progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS