The tag on the left (really number 11) was to feature custom made rubber stamps using one of the TH dies. I used a Crescendoh stamp, clear embossed onto a dictionary page, then rubbed with Distress ink. The original tag featured yet another die cut, but I just stamped out a tree, painted a bit with Pearl-Ex and added some white ink snow.
Tag 10 on the right featured embossed plastic packaging. I couldn't figure out how to replicate that look, so I eliminated that step. I love my snow man! He's an old foam stamp with the sections all separate - perfect for this tag. I love how well grunge paper distresses - the edges on his hat sanded off so nicely. I'll be using the technique of edging the tag with a white paint dauber before covering with Distress Ink in future projects for sure. In one tag I added chalk to deepen the background color - warning - the chalk doesn't resist the ink!Tag 9 on the left showcased a beautiful rosette made with - you guessed it - a TH die. I didn't think I could hand accordion- fold a small strip of paper, so just gave up and made a flower out of some paint-splattered paper, rubber with Vintage Photo ink. I used an old hand-crimper to give the edges some texture.
On the right, Tag 12. An old Christmas card, edges daubed with white acrylic paint, was pressed into service for the background. I cut the ornament out of grunge paper and stuck on the gold letters. I did use crackle paint over the inked ornament, but not much crackling happened.
Now I need to dig out from under all the stuff spread around in my studio. I cleared a path, so at least I can walk around without stepping on something or tripping - progress!