Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Frame Make-Over

I found these great frames at a tag sale for $2.00 each.  The label says "Danielson Designs" and it looks like they sell for around $25.00 each.  Score!  I like the frames as they are, but I needed three matching - or at least, coordinating frames , so bye-bye brightly colored frames.

The frames need to be white and it took some serious sanding to remove most of the color, plus a couple of coats of primer and a couple of coats of white paint.  I used white house paint from my supply, mixed with Floetrol to help eliminate  the brush strokes I always leave behind.

Then I hot-glued on some twine to add texture and brushed on some diluted white paint to tone down the brown a bit.

I'm in love with fabric flowers and made a few using some fabric scraps. 


Here are my new frames- perfect for my white and blue color scheme.
I brushed some of the diluted white paint on the flowers to tone the color down a little.  And added some tulle leaves.
I used a large stamp as a pattern for this burlap flower.
These frames will be finding a new home in our family room, AKA the  dormitory when we have lots of company!  More restful than all that color and pattern.


  1. The twine is adorable! What a great idea!

  2. Thanks, Crystelle. I made some Christmas trees wrapped in twine:

    and loved the look so decided to try it on the frames.
    Thanks for stopping by.


Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...