Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Decorating in Progress

 
(Fabric wreath with a fringe of faux berries)

Taking out the boxes of Christmas decorations is such a treat.  Since I  buy decorations at after Christmas sales, I forget what I have and enjoy the surprise discovery.  But something weird is happening this year; I've been sending more more and more of my treasures junk to Goodwill and adopting a less-is-more approach. 

 I like little unexpected touches, like the accessories on my birds and some greenery in my shoe last:



 
 
 
I'd like my white Christmas confined to inside the house.  I spray-painted some candle holders and pillar candles and gave the candles a sprinkle of coarse clear glitter.  Add a few sprigs of holly from The Dollar Store for some color , add some white lights and my white tablescape works for me.




Same treatment for craft paper trees - white paint, a wash of diluted glue and some more of the clear glitter and a bit of gold.  I found the candle bottom thingies at the thrift store and gave them a shot of gold glitter paint.



My favorite decorations are lights - I love the glow of those little white lights, especially since it gets dark at 4 in the afternoon!  Perfect view for enjoying with my first cup of coffee!


Getting our tree this weekend - our goal once again is a smaller tree that doesn't require us to move out half the living room furniture!


1 comment:

  1. I still find the use of white (and white lights) to evoke a magical feel that isn't so heavy-handed as going with the multi-color effect. And I love the whimsical nature of the greenery in the shoe!

    It all looks beautiful. (I've yet to do anything. And I mean anything... I am soooooo behind this year. Though I did just walk by my over-the-top neighbor's house. May I just say... Hefty Electrical Bill???)

    ReplyDelete

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS