Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Martha Stewart to the Rescue - Again





I've been on a bread-baking kick lately, having discovered how ridiculously easy it is to make Jim Lahey's No Knead Bread.  Honestly, mix it and let the magic of yeast do its work, then bake - it's really that easy.

I've been baking the bread in my old  ( as in purchased when I was in high school , at the end of the Pleistocene era) dutch oven.    The stainless steel pot with a loaner lid and no handles did the trick, but seriously,  I needed an upgrade.   

My first idea was to go all out and get one of  those chi-chi Le You-Know What ovens.  I just could not convince myself to spend  $350.00 for one pan .  The Captain says I'm cheap to keep, but really maybe I'm just cheap.  

Enter the Macy's flyer, with a one-day sale on Martha Stewart enameled cast iron cookware.   With the one-day sale and a coupon, here is my new $45.00 dutch oven.   Even at the full-price tag of $149, it's still orders of magnitude cheaper that the Le You-Know-What one.


This is one serious pan, weighing in at 12.6 pounds.  I love all the colors, but since I'm in a blue phase, this marine blue color is perfect.

Since I saved so much money on my Martha pan,  I replaced a 1980s vintage pan that is the perfect size, but looks exactly like you'd expect a chap 80s pan would look.   


Calphalon sale at the outlet - more money saved!

To celebrate all this saving, I found this summer tuxedo shirt at JJill - also on sale.


Two new pans in one day - I do live an exciting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS