Spring may have arrived in New England (although today's temperature of 47 degrees makes that questionable), so I've been busy with furniture painting and gardening projects. I haven't been doing much in the art department except following (very loosely) the 2015 Documented Life Project, an online group all about altering your journal/planner . Every week there is a new challenge, either using a specific technique or supply. The members are doing some wildly creative art. I mostly stalk and don't always do the weekly challenge, but it's fun and I've learned lots from some accomplished mixed media artists.
Last week's challenge was to use cheesecloth:
I tea-dyed the cheesecloth to make a skirt for the mannequin. I have used that stamp so many times - one of my favorites. The background is a page from an herb catalog, along with a napkin, and pieces from an old French envelope. I mixed some gel medium with gold powdered pigment and glitter to add stencil interest.
Another page from a few weeks ago - this challenge was to use stitching. I used to do lots of sewing; now my sewing machine is used for minor repairs, (clothes and boat sails!), but mostly for sewing paper, so this challenge was perfect for me.