Monday, November 16, 2015

I May Have a Christmas Tag Problem


I love making tags, obviously!   I think there are a few reasons - the small size is easy, I get to use lots of stamps, and the results are always fun.   I feel like The Count from Sesame Street, "Once I start in counting  making tags, it's werrry hard to stop"!

These large tags are chalk board tags from the clearance aisle at Michaels.  I made a background spray by mixing gold liquid acrylic with a little water and topped it with a nice shimmer from Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist that doesn't show well in photos.   The bird with text stamp is one of my favorites.   I used red Stickles to make the berries pop. 


And here they are in blue.  This background is Distress Ink Peacock Feathers , then topped  again with glimmer mist.


I also used some  inexpensive tags from Ikea .   There is a mix of sizes and shapes that make for interesting tags.  There is a downside - the shiny side has a plastic coating and can make embossing tricky.  My advice is to emboss only long enough to melt the powder and aim the heat gun straight down - heating at an angle caused the plastic to melt and lift away.   Most of the time I used the uncoated side as it takes ink and embossing better.



I love white on Kraft paper.  The Kraft says shabby and the white brings on the chic!   All of these are embossed with matte white embossing powder.  It's fun to use parts of stamps on these little tags - the one on the lower right is stamped with part of a paisley stamp.



Distress Ink Iced Spruce and red Smooch Ink berries.  I've never used this stamp before and now it's one of my favorites.


More Distress ink sprayed backgrounds .  I spray, then roll over a roll of paper towels to soak up some of the excess ink - added bonus is a faint pattern left by the paper toweling, giving a hint of texture.


The snowflake tag background is a red ink spray.  


The larger tree is one of Tim Holtz architectural stamps stamped onto Christmas carol sheet music.   I love the added white gel pen snow on the twiggy tree.




Aren't these fun little guys?   Colored the snowmen's accessories with Smooch Inks and added some glitter embossed snow.





A bucket of tags - and now I need to move on to the other 72 projects on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS