Sunday, December 13, 2015

Another Embellished Journal with a Paris Vibe


Continuing my minimally embellished journals project.   I've had this beauty from Anthropologie for a few years - love the silver metallic covers and those cool closures.

This one has a French theme.  Again, these are simple page embellishments, designed to eliminate some of the blank-page anxiety for people new to journalling .  The pages are light-weight paper that wouldn't hold up to much paint, ink or glue , so I've kept to things that don't require pages prepped with gesso to avoid anything showing through the reverse side of the page.

Here are a few pages:






Love this set of Cavallini French ephemera washi tapes.


Added a stamped fleur-de-lis to Frenchy-up this note card.


I painted these paper corner pieces with gold fluid acrylic- the nice sheen doesn't really show up in the photo.


An inside pocket embellished with a Cavallini envelope.  It's probably obvious that I love all things Cavallini!


I bought all of these vintage cloth tags at Michael's .


I stamped this on a Gelli print, then cut the diamond shapes apart.   I've used this stamp so many times - it is an unmounted red rubber one - no name !


A pocket for some more strips of that Cavallini tape to use in journal.


And another pocket at the end for more treasures.   I love raiding my stash for things to use in these journals.   Clears up space for new stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS