Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Few More Tags


Not much "me" time for making tags! I won't finish them before Christmas, but still having fun playing with these. I cut the reindeer from a template and made the horns from a glittery swirl. No embossing gizmo for the trees, so just stamped them with a mixture of Distress Inks. Finally got to use my new splatter stamp on a tag! Loving the tissue tape !
This one is a study in make-do! No wood grain embossing folder, to dug out a piece of wood grained paper for the background. This was supposed to be the poinsettia tag - I tried making one that ended up looking like a mutant botanical specimen! I decided a red leather flower was a more workable option.


This is the "extreme masking" tag - only no extreme mask. I made a simple tree mask instead. I was amazed at how easy the soft wire twirls - I have several colors but never used it because I thought it would be hard to bend. That's the fun of these tags - trying out all the stuff you bought but never knew how to use! I added the glitter snow on the bottom like TH did on the variation he showed. The photo corners are pieces from an old book study on faux metal we did on NGS.
Four tags to go. A big part of the fun is figuring out how to approximate the look without taking out a loan for new supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS