Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Background Experiments





Here's another page from my 2012 calendars, continuing my focus on interesting backgrounds. This one isn't a new technique - all you Tim Holtz lovers will recognize it! The background is easy - smoosh Distress Inks - think 3 colors may be the maximum that works - directly on a craft sheet, then spritz with water. For this piece I used Lettuce, Broken China and Denim.   Drop a piece of card stock onto the wet ink and lift off. The spritzed ink makes am interesting background. If you end up with some blank spots, you can repeat the process BUT be sure to completely dry it first, otherwise you'll just end up with muddy colors. ( You know how I know this!).   Here's a link to Tim's video on this and some other easy DI background techniques.

Added a dictionary page, stamped with a TH splatter stamp, I love this stamp- it adds just a bit of interest and color. The pleated piece at the bottom is left over from the seaside page I posted earlier. These days I use my sewing machine mainly to sew paper.

Isn't the birdcage sweet! First time I tried the Prima resist canvas pieces and they are so cool. The cut-outs are white and when you spray them with a color wash, the canvas soaks up the color and reveals the white resist pattern. New obsession! There are available here online and probably in your local craft store ( although I haven't seem them at either Michael's or Joanne's).

I stamped the branch onto Grunge Paper, cut it out and inked it with Vintage Photo ink. The cardinals came from a great Snow and Graham paper.

Love experimenting with new techniques and stuff I have in my stash but never used before. That's why we collect all of it - you never know where inspiration may lead and what supplies you'll need when you get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS