Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Calendar Page - Getting Started





I am frantically trying to get my pages done for my 2014 calendars.  A sensible person would start these, oh say, in September , but that would be cheating.  Somehow December always sneaks up on me   even though it has followed November for as long as I can remember.   Last minute panic is a wonderful motivator.

I saw this idea on Pinterest and apparently didn't actually pin it so I can't give credit to the artist who shared the technique.  (If I find it, or if you know, please let me know and I'll add it to this post).

I started with a piece of artist paper from a Somerset Studio magazine and added punched squares of Gelli print leftovers.  Actually liked it at this point and hated to cover up my Gellies, but I pressed on.



Covered it all with a coat of gesso, added  text circles from an old letter, stamped the text circles (Jenny Doh) and smudged on some Broken China Distress Ink.   Enter the Grunge Paper butterfly - yikes - several layers of colors before it seemed right - Dylusions Aqua spray , more Distress ink, Perfect pearls mixed with gel medium, a bit of yellow and finally a swipe of white to tone it down a bit.





Now, eleven more and I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Normal Title Italic

Follow Me on Pinterest

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS